Saturday, June 6, 2009

the quickest way to lose all your friends part 1

Outside of Pratt, without any deadlines and the neon glow of an underplayed Xbox 360 its difficult for me to stay motivated without the gun of getting a bad grade held to my head. While I'd like to start a few Maya character design tutorials sometime, I also want to get more comfortable drawing in the more hand drawn, less digital looking style. I'll do one or two a day for the next couple of weeks, I'll post them here every couple of days. Here's the first batch...


That's Adam, he was my roommate first year of Pratt and I'll room with him again this coming school year. He's a way cool guy and pretty much the only person that could sarcastically sit through both Epic Movie and Date Movie back-to-back on HBO with me. He also digs anime and every show that every 90's kid without cable grew up with (which is cool, because I ALSO never had Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network until I was about 12).


This is Tom...or Kane...I'm actually not sure what to call him anymore, but he was really awesome and I hung out with him quite a lot first year of Pratt. He was the kind of guy who wouldn't mind going to Times Square and eating at Applebees, very spontaneous but in the best way possible. He also had a cool custom built computer with an LED display that read "BAMF" and was quite awesome at Guitar Hero III. He indirectly got me to start this project when he asked me to draw him in the style of my online avatar, sure thing ;)


This is Amanda and Katie Oh riding on an iPhone in space, getting chased by acclaimed independent movie director David Lynch. I've known both Katie and Amanda through Facebook about a half a year before I came to Pratt both are pretty swell people. Amanda is a ginormous fan of David Lynch, and David Lynch is not a huge fan of iPhones apparently

I have a ton of requests on Facebook, Let's see how long I can keep this going ^_^
blog comments powered by Disqus